what you’ve wanted for an innovative tooling solution.
• Stable machining due to optimal shape and cutting edge arrangement of central and peripheral inserts
KED Plus Drill
KED Plus Drill is an economical drill which features optimized chip flutes for each drilling size.
KED Plus Drill holders for small diameters (Ø12-Ø23.5) offer excellent chip control due to cutting fluid system and chip flute design. And for medium to large diameters (Ø24-Ø60.5), chip pockets were widened to enhance machining stability and surface finish even in deep drilling.
A set of diversely shaped central and peripheral inserts optimize centering and balance. Improved stability enables boring deep holes up to a range of 2 to 5 times the drill diameter (2D-5D).
KED Plus Drill inserts have three kinds of chip breakers to suit a range of applications: PD for general purpose, LD for mild steel and hard-tocut materials, and ND for aluminum machining.
The optimized grades for the central and peripheral inserts maximize cutting tool life. Thus, higher stability and excellent cutting results in boost of productivity and reduces tool cost.
• Reduced production cost
- Economical drill with good cutting performance
• Excellent chip control and surface finish
- Optimized chip breakers for various workpiece types
• Stable machining
- A set of diversely shaped central and peripheral inserts
• High resistance to chipping and wear
- Various grades for different kinds of workpiece