what you’ve wanted for an innovative tooling solution.
• Implementation of High-toughness substrate and high-performance CVD coating technology
• Applied CVD with high-performance alumina which provides great wear resistance and properties at high temperature
• Excellent resistance to chipping and thermal cracks due to powerful after-treatment
NCM535 · NCM545
KORLOY's new CVD milling grades for steel and cast iron under high speed machining to achieve greater productivity.
Most of the PVD coated milling inserts perform well and show fine quality at low speed milling, but it generally faces limitation when applied at high speed machining due to its thin coating. Mechanical shock, damage on the layer due to high temperature, and expansion of cracks due to thermal crack are general reasons to cause the end of tool life and excellent productivity of high speed milling for heavy workpiece.
KORLOY’s new milling grades, NCM535, feature great wear resistance and properties at high temperature due to the CVD high-performance coating technology. Under high speed or continuous machining conditions at high temperature, it minimizes the damage to the coating and ensures outstanding wear resistance.
Also, the application of the high-tough substrate which has high heat conductivity improved its breakage resistance and toughness. Powerful after-treatment which functions similar to ceramic coating's finishing effects minimizes chipping and built-up edge. As a result, the stability of machining is significantly enhanced.
KORLOY’s new CVD milling grades, NCM535, provides uniform quality and excellent productivity for not only milling of steel and cast iron, but also under heavy workpieces, high speed or continuous machining condition.
ㆍSolution for steel and cast iron milling
- Next generation CVD milling series for increasing productivity which are optimized for conditions under heavy workpieces, roughing and high speed machining of steel and cast iron
ㆍImproved resistance to chipping and thermal cracks
- Powerful after-treatment which provides enhanced resistance to chipping and thermal cracks
ㆍGreat wear resistance and properties at high temperature
- Applied high-tough substrate and CVD high-performance alumina