what you’ve wanted for an innovative tooling solution.
• Improved chipping resistance due to specialized grades for each workpiece
- Maximized resistance to welding and wear of coating enables quality machining at high speeds
• Chipping resistant substrate
- Optimized proportion of WC particles and Co binders for each workpiece material provides improved resistance to chipping and wear.
- The ultrafine structure which has been made uniform attains stable machinability at all corners.
PD1005 / PD1010
Non-ferrous metals such as aluminum and copper have relatively low melting points, causing heavy welding on the tool edges during machining. The dulled cutting edges bring about poor suface finish of workpieces while high cutting load increases the chance of sudden chipping, resulting in unstable tool life.
To provide our customers with a satisfactory grade solution for non-ferrous metal machining, KORLOY has developed DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coated grades.
PD1005 is a grade for workpieces made of aluminum or copper, and for continuous cutting. The latest DLC coating with maximized wear and welding resistance enables high speed machining for those materials, delivering excellent surface finish in continuous cutting of general non-ferrous metals.
PD1010 is a grade for workpieces made of forged aluminum or AlSi alloy, and for interrupted cutting. The combination of the chipping-resistant substrate and DLC coating greatly improves toughness, providing stable and long tool life in interrupted cutting or when machining nonferrous metals of high hardness.
ㆍAdvanced DLC coating
- Maximized resistance to wear and welding
ㆍChipping resistant substrate
- Stable tool life at high interruptions and for non-ferrous metals of high hardness
ㆍDedicated grades specialized for non-ferrous metals